7.29.2008

Bad monkey


I get bored with blogging sometimes. It's usually so great to talk about myself--how could I ever tire of such a delightful task?!!?? ;)

Way overdue for a post though, especially considering that something exciting is going on -- namely, the fact that I'm currently embroiled in the paperwork of buying a house. The house, in south Smithfield, seems to be a good fit for my (evil) purposes. If all goes well, it will close Sept. 1. Then I will FINALLY be able to get a dog! And a couple of cats! (I've been going to Petfinder fairly frequently and fantasizing). It's a fixer-upper, so it's not terribly pretty up close, but it very well could be.

It's 2500 sq ft, which includes a "mother-in-law apartment," so it should have plenty of room for whoever wants to come visit/squat. It's on a third acre, and a half block from the high school. Favorite feature: The Murderin' (and Poetry?) Room. 2nd favorite feature: avocado green toilet and sink in the downstairs apartment. Pret. Ty. Sweet.

6 comments:

D'N'J said...

oh my gosh! i was totally looking at that house earlier this year and thinking it was totally cute. i thought they had part of it for rent? well maybe they got sick of trying to rent and decided to sell.

MStevenson said...

Murder room? I don't know If I'll come visit.

So if you get cats, does that mean your getting rid of your rats?

Looks really cute! Can't wait to see the inside of it.

robin said...

I think Troy need to have an extended vacation.

Troy said...

Yes, but what's the garage like?

CAF said...

Don't worry, Mel, I won't murder YOU in the Murder Room.

The garage is CRAPTACULAR!! I mean -- it has lots of potential.

Annalyn said...

That is AWESOME! Congrats!!! Oh - I fully intend to squat in the murder room so just be prepared for that :-)